Sunday, October 14, 2012

Selection of Art Video Emulation

The two videos I've chosen to emulate come from the Jennifer Higgie collection. Below are the links to the videos:

"Colonial Fanny" by Bonnie Camplin (2005)

"I'M JUST ABOUT TO LOSE MY MIND, w/The Stilts' cover version of "Heard it through the Grapevine" by Frances Stark (2002)

STATEMENT:

The first video is called "Colonial Fanny" by Bonny Camplin. I chose this video because of the artist's selection of places to shoot and the back drops. After viewing other videos on the UBUweb, this one was simplistic to me. I think that this video is representative to things that I enjoy because of it being filmed in London (*Note: Ms. Bonnie Chaplin responded to this post and this was filmed in Havana, Cuba and not London)(Still love the selection of places she filmed!). Also, even though this was filmed in London, I can find similar ideas here in Reno. My interpretation of this video for me was to film places around the Reno area.

The second video is called "I'M JUST ABOUT TO LOSE MY MIND" w/The Stilts cover version of "I heard it through the grapevine" by Marvin Gaye filmed by Frances Stark. When I chose this video I really liked the cover of Marvin Gaye's song playing in the background as these kitties played. I think this video is representative to me because I love animals and I found the video to be calming with some silliness. My interpretation of this video for me was to film the animals living in my home, Daisy the Basset hound, Chico the Jack Russell mix, and Rafael the tuxedo cat, being silly at home.

When we were assigned this project I was a bit worried about not knowing how to film these videos and the editing seemed a bit over whelming. In the end, I had a great time filming both videos and editing was not as hard as I had assumed. I started with the first video and had a lot of fun with it. I was completely proud to have emulated some of the same filming features such as the fading in and out of shoots.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Colonial Fanny was filmed in Havana Cuba, not London. I like your emulation it tickled me no end!from Bonnie Camplin

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I just saw you commented on my post. I didn't think anyone besides my classmates looked at this stuff. That's awesome that you found this! I didn't know that you filmed yours in Cuba. I filmed my emulation in Reno. Thank you for the comment and I'm sending this to my teacher. Best, Elo:-D

    ReplyDelete